Apartment evacuated after CO poisoning

August 1, 2008 8:46:59 AM PDT
Some Durham apartment residents have a neighbor to thank for saving their lives. The family living in one apartment unit installed a carbon monoxide detector after bringing their newborn baby home. It was that alarm that tipped off others to a carbon monoxide leak at the Lynn Haven Apartment complex Thursday afternoon.

It's really dangerous cause all of us could have been gone it's a blessing that she had a detector," said one resident.

Paramedics treated 15 people at the scene. Seven of those people were taken to the hospital. Everyone is expected to recover.

Investigators say they think the leak came from a gas water heater.


Load Comments