Durham shooting suspect arrested by parole officer

February 17, 2009 7:53:37 AM PST
Durham Police say a suspect charged with shooting a man last Tuesday afternoon is in custody.Rodney Oldham, one of four suspect who is accused in the shooting, was on the loose.

The 18-year-old allegedly shot a man in the back last week.

On Tuesday, police said Oldham was taken into custody by his parole officer.

The 19-year-old victim told officers he was near the bus stop on Cook Road and Tripoli Drive when four males drove up in a car.

Police say one of the men got out of the car and demanded the victim's money, then chased him on foot and shot him in the back. The victim remains hospitalized at Duke University Hospital.

On Monday, investigators arrested three people in connection with the shooting. James Williams, 18, Mario Melvin, 17, and Andre Bond Jr., 18, have all been charged with attempted murder. They are being held at the Durham County Jail under $1 million bonds.


Load Comments