A gas leak was found in the 100 block of north Fayetteville Street in Clayton just before 5 p.m. Wednesday.Fire officials say it appeared a private contractor hit a two inch gas line underground while doing work for the town.
The fire department sealed off a four-block area for several hours, while crews repaired the problem.
No evacuations were ordered, because most of the businesses in the area had already closed for the day.
Further details are not available at this time.
Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo | Send Tip | Get Alerts
Most Popular | Follow abc11 on Twitter | abc11 on Facebook