Tom Fetzer told reporters he's unsatisfied with a review by State Board of Elections - claiming it's not going fast enough and isn't wide enough.
Fetzer's news conference Monday came after an announcement from the Governor's office on Friday that her campaign is forfeiting $48,000 in political contributions from nine donors. The campaign said there are concerns the money came from donors who were reimbursed by their employer - a potential violation of campaign law.
The campaign has also recently filed paperwork on 31 previously undisclosed flights valued at more than $25,000.
Fetzer said the Republican Party has purchased a billboard at the intersection of Capital Boulevard and Fairview Road in Raleigh that says "Tell the truth Bev."
North Carolina Board of Elections recently referred alleged campaign finance violations by former governor Mike Easley to a prosecutor.
Executive Director Gary Bartlett has said staff is looking at the donations to the Perdue campaign as well as campaign flights taken by 17 gubernatorial candidates since 2004.
Fetzer said Monday that there have been enough irregularities for Perdue's campaign to warrant a full investigation of its own.
"A governor that's in office is a very powerful creature. It was only after Easley lost power that State Board of Elections went after him. I don't think sitting governors should get a pass on breaking the law," said Fetzer.
But, Perdue's camp fired back Monday.
"The Perdue Committee has demonstrated repeatedly that it is willing and ready to address any problems and mistakes head on. Unfortunately, Mr. Fetzer and the Republican gubernatorial candidates have refused to do the same. The SBOE is investigating potentially serious campaign violations by Pat McCrory and the other 2008 Republican gubernatorial candidates, but Mr. Fetzer pretends like that investigation doesn't even exist," read a statement.
Perdue's campaign said unlike the North Carolina GOP, it launched its own internal audit and has reported its findings.