BBQ grill starts apartment fire

April 1, 2010 4:55:02 AM PDT
Firefighters extinguished an early morning fire Thursday at the Birchwood Gardens before it spread inside apartment units.

The apartment is located on North Hills Drive off of Glenwood Ave. near I-440. Officials say the fire started on a back porch where the resident kept a charcoal grill.

Smoke filled the apartment but fire did not spread inside the unit. There were no injuries.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and stayed on the scene to make sure there were no hot spots. The residents are expected to return to the unit because there was no damage inside.

Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts
Most Popular  |  Follow abc11 on Twitter  |  abc11 on Facebook


Load Comments