Raleigh retirement home battles small fire

April 12, 2010 8:22:29 PM PDT
A small fire erupted inside a retirement community in the 7900 block of Creedmoor Road in the Stonehenge Area Monday night.Firefighters were called to the Abbottswood Retirement Home just after 9 p.m. Authorities tell ABC11 Eyewitness News that the fire started in a dryer in the laundry room. They say an article of clothing inside the dryer sparked the blaze.

About 30 residents were evacuated from the building, but they were allowed back into their rooms a short time later after crews put out the fire.

A lot of smoke was reported on the first floor, but none of the residents complained about smoke inhalation.

Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts
Most Popular  |  Follow abc11 on Twitter  |  abc11 on Facebook


Load Comments