Blaze damages Raleigh mobile home

July 13, 2010 8:54:03 PM PDT
Children playing with a cigarette lighter appear to have started a fire at a home in Raleigh.Firefighters were called to a mobile home park near Stonybrook and Brentwood roads around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Authorities say when crews arrived to the scene, they could see fire and smoke coming from underneath the mobile home, but they were able to quickly put out the blaze.

Everyone inside the mobile home was able to get out safely.

Authorities say about 30 percent of the home was damaged.

Eyewitnesses told firefighters they saw children playing with a cigarette lighter near the home moments before the fire started.

Investigators are now trying to find the children to interview them.

Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts
Most Popular  |  Follow abc11 on Twitter  |  abc11 on Facebook


Load Comments