Small explosion at NC State

September 22, 2010 8:28:06 AM PDT
NC State University officials said there was a small explosion at the school of veterinary medicine around 10 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Keith Nichols with NCSU News Services told ABC11 that a pressurized glass container exploded at the complex at 4700 Hillsborough Street.

Captain Jon Barnwell with NCSU Public Safety said a female graduate student was heating the container, and it got too hot. It exploded, and glass shards hit her in the face.

Raleigh Fire and EMS responded to the scene, treated the injured student, before taking her to an urgent care center with non-life threatening injuries.

Nichols said there was no damage to the facility.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments