Six displaced in apartment fire

November 6, 2010 9:28:59 AM PDT
Six people have been displaced from their Raleigh apartment following an overnight fire.It happened at 616 Ralph Drive, just off of Poole Road.

Raleigh firefighters were called to the scene at 2:50 a.m., and arrived to find fire shooting out of the apartment's bedroom windows.

It took 30 firefighters just under an hour to get the fire under control.

Nobody was hurt in the fire, and smoke detectors were present inside.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental - the result of a malfunctioning electrical fan.

The Red Cross is assisting those who were displaced.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments