Family escapes early morning house fire

December 9, 2010 4:38:54 AM PST
Smoke alarms helped a Knightdale family escape a fire in their home.

The fire started around 3:00 a.m. Thursday at the family’s house on Sandy Run.

The family woke to the sound of an alarm and found the living room on fire.

Firefighters say a fire was left unattended in the fireplace overnight. It is believed a burning ember sparked the fire.

So far there is no word on the extent of the damage to the home.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments