The burglary happened on the same night as two other burglaries in the area.
David Jeanblanc, 20, of 3100 Elm Tree Lane in Raleigh has been arrested and charged with first degree burglary. Warrants say that he unlawfully, willfully and feloniously broke into a home on Vinecrest Court. The home was occupied when the crime was committed.
Investigators say it took a while, but they now have the evidence to prove it.
"His fingerprints came back to an item inside the house that the victims were present when it was actually burglarized," Wake Prosecutor Jennifer Reiner said.
The woman who lives in the house didn't want to be identified, but told ABC11 Eyewitness News that the thief still took plenty.
"Cell phones, wallets and computers," the unidentified victim said.
Apparently that evidence, along with other stolen property, was found when investigators say they searched Jeanblanc's home in north Raleigh's Wakefield subdivision over the weekend.
While Jeanblanc has so far only been charged with the burglary on Vinecrest Court, police are also investigating whether he may be involved in the other two incidents on King George Loop and Bourne Wood Drive.
All three burglaries occurred in the overnight hours on December 2nd.
Cary Police say they also searched a separate storage facility and are going through the evidence from it to see if Jeanblanc is connected to the other unsolved burglaries.
In the meantime, Jeanblanc filled out paperwork in court Monday afternoon, but told the clerk he no longer had a phone number requested on the form.
He said it was because the arresting officer stole his phone. But while Jeanblanc complained that the arresting officer stole his phone, the judge showed no mercy and left his bond at $40,000.