Toddler killed in house fire

The aftermath of a house fire that killed a two-year-old girl

July 2, 2011 3:17:47 PM PDT
A Wake County toddler was killed early Saturday, after the home she was in caught fire.It happened just after 7:00 a.m. in the 1100 block of Leach Street.

Firefighters arrived to find the home almost fully engulfed in flames.

Sheriff's officials say five people were in the house when the fire broke out: Zionnah Muldrow, 2, Eric Bridges, 23, Michelle Bridges, 43, John Bridges, 74, and Vangeleane Bridges, 72.

Muldrow was pronounced dead at the scene. Two others were transported with non-life-threatening injuries.

The Wake County Fire Marshal and Fuquay-Varina Fire Department determined the origin of the fire was the living room, and the cause was accidental, due to a faulty electrical cord.

Investigators were on the scene for more than six hours, before finally clearing.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments