The show says it's chosen a "deserving family" in Fayetteville to get a brand new log home from Blue Ridge Log Cabins built from the ground up in just one week. The identity of the family will be a closely guarded secret until Thursday.
Business and civic leaders and volunteers from across the region are donating supplies, money, and their time for the project, but organizers say much more is needed.
Here's the list Blue Ridge Log Cabins released Monday:
We are seeking corporate Sponsor & Donations for these items:
- Volunteer, VIP & media lanyard sponsor - Get your company logo printed on all the lanyards distributed - $2,500 Sponsor.
- VIP auction items - Corporations, retail & service to donate items with $250+ value to be auctioned at VIP dinner, Tuesday July 19.
- Banners for tent city - 10 3x9 outdoor banners (in-kind donation - sponsor)
- Printing festival posters, invitations, etc. (in-kind donation - sponsor)
- Printing & laminating lanyards (in-kind donation - sponsor)
- 1500lbs of charcoal (in-kind donation - sponsor)
- Games for volunteer tent (in-kind donation - sponsor)
- Laundromat – wash-n-fold service for out-of-town volunteers during the build week (in-kind donation - sponsor)
- Donation collection cans (garbage) for music festival (in-kind donation - sponsor)
Items the designers need for the house:
- 2 - 5000 Lumen DLP (or LCD) Projectors
- 2 - 0.8 Short throw lens for the projectors
- 2 - Ceiling mounts for the projectors
- Hundreds of old books (hardbound)
- Fabric companies
- Antique desks
- Outdoor furniture
We are still need Food items:
- Restaurants to donate a meal volunteers
- 5 gallon jugs of water
- Take out boxes, coffee cups
- Wrapped snacks
On-site general volunteers for the overnight 2am shifts.
Professional photographers to volunteer for shift work to capture the behind the scenes activity.
To learn more about the Fayetteville project and volunteer, head over to the Extreme Makeover Home Edition website. If you can donate any of the items above or you are a photographer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extreme Makeover has helped hundreds of families around the country, including a home it built in Raleigh for the Riggins family in 2006. The Fayetteville edition is currently scheduled to air on ABC11 October 21 at 8 p.m.