Overheated belt sparks recycling center fire

A fire broke out at a Raleigh recycling center early Friday morning.

July 15, 2011 9:08:52 AM PDT
A fire broke out at a Raleigh recycling center early Friday morning.Firefighters were called out to the Waste Management Facility on Atlantic Avenue around 3 a.m.

The fire was quickly put out thanks to sprinklers installed in the building.

Officials blame an overheated conveyor belt for sparking the blaze.

About 40 workers were in the plant at the time the fire broke out. No one was injured.

Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts
Most Popular  |  Follow abc11 on Twitter  |  abc11 on Facebook