Missing 24-year-old found safe

Kyle Matthew Henn

August 18, 2011 6:43:41 AM PDT
A Silver Alert issued Thursday for a missing 24-year-old man has been canceled.Kyle Matthew Henn was located shortly after the alert was isssued. Henn's sister told ABC11 that he returned home safely.

"We want to thank the community for their help and concern," Brynee Henn said.

ABC11 interviewed the Henn family last year after 25-year-old Nate Henn was killed in a terrorist bombing while watching the World Cup on TV in Uganda on July 11, 2010. A total of 76 people died, but Henn was the only American killed in the attack.

The day after the bombing, Kyle Henn - who was coming home to Raleigh to grieve the loss of his older brother - was on board a small plane that crashed while landing at Horace Williams Airport in Chapel Hill.

Kyle was sitting in the rear seat of the plane and survived the crash with serious injuries. The pilot of the plane was killed and another man on board also suffered serious injuries.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments