Fort Bragg investigates toddler death

Fort Bragg (Wikimedia)

September 20, 2011 6:40:37 PM PDT
Fort Bragg is investigating the death of a toddler who died Sunday on post.

Bragg officials are saying, for now, the death is not connected to a series of previous baby death cases.

A military spokesperson told ABC11 Eyewitness News an 18-month-old boy was found unresponsive in his bed Sunday night and was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Army CID is investigating the death per Army policy. Twelve babies have died on post since 2007.

Earlier this year, CID and Fort Bragg officials said their investigators concluded there was no evidence directly linking ten infant deaths to Fort Brag housing. Three infants died in one house over a 4-year period. Seven other infants died from what the military described as unexplained or undetermined reasons.

Two young children died after that investigation.

An autopsy is being conducted. Fort Bragg officials are not identifying the 18-month-old, saying where he lived on post, or what caused his death.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments