Fire started by Halloween pumpkin

Investigators say it's likely a candle in a jack o'lantern started this fire in Smithfield.

October 17, 2011 9:32:45 AM PDT
Investigators say it appears a candle in a Halloween decoration sparked a blaze that heavily damaged a home in Smithfield Sunday evening.

Firefighters were called to the house on South Seventh Street just before 8 p.m.

According to witnesses, it's likely a candle in a Halloween pumpkin lit a fire on the porch which spread to the porch supports and eventually the attic of the home.

There is significant damage to the front of the house and the roof estimated at $40,000.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments