Gingrich NC Stops Called Off, Then On Again

April 21, 2012 8:06:26 PM PDT
The Newt Gingrich campaign found itself in a state of confusion Friday night when reports surfaced that Gingrich would cancel all of his stops in North Carolina next week, fueling suggestions that Gingrich would be suspending his campaign. But the campaign says nothing is happening.

Two people close to the Gingrich campaign told ABC News they were contacted and told all of Gingrich's North Carolina stops had been canceled, although R.C. Hammond, communications director for the campaign, said there was a "communication glitch."

"There was confusion, but we will maintain our North Carolina schedule next week," Hammond said.

One person close to the campaign said the stops were certainly canceled, then resumed after news reports left looming suspicion, even among his own staff, that Gingrich was suspending his campaign.

(Click Here To Read More)

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments