• WEATHER ALERT Severe Thunderstorm Warning

Candle sparks fire in Durham

June 24, 2012 2:07:27 PM PDT
A family of four was displaced by a house fire Sunday afternoon.

It happened around 12:30 p.m. at 5 Topeka Court when 23 firefighters responded to the scene where flames could be seen shooting through the roof.

CLICK HERE FOR MAP

It took crews 15 minutes to get the blaze under control.

Officials said the fire was accidental and caused by a candle.

No injuries were reported and the American Red Cross was assisting the family.

There was minor damage to a neighboring house.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments