The lane closures are necessary for crews to conduct routine maintenance of tolling equipment on the Triangle Expressway.
"This is just periodic cleaning the cameras so that they have better shots of the license plates and making sure everything is calibrated because that's the toll collection system for the roadway," said Terry Gibson with the N.C. DOT.
At least one lane will remain open each night.
Lane closures will take place from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. on the following nights:
· Monday, March 4: U.S. 64 ramp to N.C. 540 North
· Monday, March 11: N.C. 147 South to Hopson Road Ramp
· Tuesday, March 12: N.C. 147 South to N.C. 540 Eastbound ramp
· Wednesday, March 13: N.C. 540 East to N.C. 147
· Thursday, March 14: N.C. 540 West to N.C. 147