• WEATHER ALERT Severe Thunderstorm Warning

Wake Forest family escapes overnight house fire

A Wake Forest family is staying with their neighbors after a fire broke out at their home in the 1200 block of Marbank Street Thursday night. (ABC11 Photojournalist Jeff Hinkle)
April 26, 2013 2:20:46 AM PDT
A Wake Forest family is staying with their neighbors after a fire broke out at their home overnight.

The blaze started shortly before midnight in the 1200 block of Marbank Street.

» Click here for a map of the area «

The homeowner said he woke up when the fire alarm went off and was able to get his wife and kids out safely.

When firefighters arrived, they went in and rescued the family's dog and hamster. No one was hurt.

It is unclear what sparked the flames, but it appeared to have started on the back deck of the house.

Further details have not been released.

See It On TV | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Send us photos
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments