Wake County home damaged by fire

July 24, 2013 3:09:50 PM PDT
A Wake County family escaped a fire Wednesday morning that heavily damaged their home.

Numerous fire departments were dispatched to the home at the intersection of Singlepond Road and Rebarah Moor Drive near Angier.

? Click here for a Google map of the area. ?

A couple was upstairs in their bedroom with their baby when they heard their doorbell ring, and someone knocking on their door.

"Somebody saw smoke coming out of our roof, rang the doorbell and told us," said homeowner Shanna Reamey.

That person was somebody was a complete stranger who just happened to be driving by.

"We just ran out of the house and ran out and that was that and immediately it went up in flames," said Reamey.

They say that they're lucky to be alive, and they want to thank that mystery man for getting them out of their home safely.

The fire apparently started by the air conditioning unit.

See It On TV | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Send us photos
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments