Arrest in mystery Raleigh assault case

(Courtesy: Raleigh Police Dept.)
August 22, 2013 2:23:55 PM PDT
Police announced Thursday they have made an arrest in a mysterious assault at a Raleigh convenience store.

The Raleigh Police Department released surveillance photos Wednesday of a woman and a man who allegedly assaulted her at a store on New Bern Avenue on August 20 around 12:15 a.m.

Witnesses said the pair arrived at the store together in the same car and the victim entered the store first. The man came in moments later and began to assault the victim by hitting and kicking her. He then forced her into a restroom where police said it's believed the assault continued.

Police said both people left the store before officers arrived and they didn't know who they were. After making the photos public, Raleigh police said Thursday that 29-year-old Gregory Leon Bolden has been charged with assault on a female, habitual misdemeanor assault, and driving with a revoked driver's license.

According to an arrest warrant, Bolden punched and kicked his victim, who police say was his girlfriend, leaving her with a "bloody nose" and a "black/bruised eye."

The warrant also says Bolden was previously convicted of assault on a female twice in October 2007.

See It On TV | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Send us photos
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments