They stressed he has not been charged.
Detectives said the man may have information that will help them in their investigation of a series of robberies where the victims were approached as they were about to enter homes.
In each case, the victims were held at gunpoint.
- September 22 in the 4800 block of Pleasant Valley Road;
- September 22 in the 4300 block of Furman Hall;
- September 24 in the 1000 block of Collins Drive;
- September 26 in the 5000 block of Stoneridge Drive; and,
- September 27 in the 4900 block of Wynneford Way.
Information may be provided to the Raleigh Police Department by calling Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visiting www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and e-mail reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solves cases.
Information may be provided the Wake County Sheriff's Office by calling (919) 856-6800.