Cooking causes fire at Fayetteville apartments

December 22, 2013 9:15:18 AM PST
Fayetteville firefighters battled a fire at Cambridge Arms Apartments Saturday night.

Crews arrived on the scene around 10 p.m. to find an active fire in a multi-story, multi-family home. The fire spread to multiple units and a stairwell and caused smoke damage throughout.

Fire officials said the fire was caused by cooking and was determined to be accidental.

Fortunately, the adjacent apartments were not occupied. In total, the Red Cross is assisting an adult and two children that were displaced.

No injuries were reported.

See It On TV | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Send us photos
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments