Flames broke out in a home on Old Market Rand Turnage Road, which is just north of Fountain, after 11 a.m.
Authorities say a couple in their late 60s was in the home.
The couple's daughter lived nearby, and rushed to the scene. She managed to get her mom out of the home safely, but she ran back inside for her father. Unfortunately, they both died after becoming overcome with smoke.
Family members identified the victims as 67-year-old Jimmy Harris, and 48-year-old Barbara Joiner Harris.
Investigators believe the fire likely started as someone was cleaning out ashes in a wood stove.
In Wilson County, firefighters think a portable propane heater might have caused a fire that killed a man Tuesday.
It happened in the 500 block of East Wilson Street in Elm City.
Officials said the victim was a quadriplegic. Two of his caretakers were injured.