Marshall's attorney said a sentencing expert and another witness were not available. The sentencing was rescheduled for Monday.
Shabar and his brother Jahaad were arrested after a robbery in Raleigh's historic Oakwood neighborhood January 7, 2013 where a man was shot in the back as he tried to prevent a sexual assault on his wife. Jason Beyer was left paralyzed from the waist down.
Shabar Marshall was just 16 at the time of his arrest. He was accused in five incidents. The first one involved only him. It was a break-in December 11, 2012 at a school teacher's home. He went to trial and was convicted.
He has pleaded guilty to 15 total charges including first-degree sex offense and attempted murder in two home invasion cases on Dec. 30, 2012 and the January 7 shooting at the Beyer home.
He was to be tried along with Jahaad for two other break-ins on Dec. 26, 2012. In one of those, no one was home. In the other, the homeowners slept through it and awoke to find missing items including the Llama .380 handgun police said was later used to shoot Jason Beyer.
A plea deal on those remaining charges fell apart earlier this month when Wake County prosecutor Boz Zellinger withdrew his plea offer after Shabar attempted to enter an Alford Plea. An Alford Plea means a person admits there's enough evidence to get a conviction, but does not admit guilt. Zellinger said the teen would have to admit to what he did.
Meanwhile, the jury deciding the fate of Shabar's 27-year-old brother Jahaad found him guilty on all 22 counts Friday. He was sentenced to at least 263 years in prison.