Fire closes McDonald's in Clayton

No injuries were reported in the fire at McDonald's on US 70 Business in Clayton. (Jason Thompson)

A fire broke out Monday at the McDonald's restaurant on US 70 Business in Clayton.

A customer coming to get something to eat said that as he entered the fast-food restaurant, he smelled smoke, and then saw smoke coming down from the ceiling.

After the restaurant was evacuated, firefighters discovered a fire in the attic, and they were able to quickly extinguish it.


No injuries were reported.

The restaurant will remain closed until a health inspector gives approval for reopening.

The Clayton, Garner and Cleveland Fire Departments responded along with Johnston County EMS.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
newsbuilding firerestaurantClayton
(Copyright ©2016 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments