Officials: Heater on nearby boat sparks Raleigh house fire

EMBED </>More News Videos

Fire damages home on Omni Place in Raleigh Wednesday morning

Raleigh police say a heater on a boat is to blame for a fire that damaged part of a house early Wednesday morning.

Just after 4:30 a.m., firefighters were called to the 4400 block of Omni Place off Leesville Road about the fire.

When crews arrived, flames had extended from the boat, which was parked along the side of the house, to the garage.

One person was inside the home at the time, but no injuries were reported.

Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control, but not before part of the home was damaged.

According to the fire report, the home is considered uninhabitable after 40 percent of the house was damaged.

As firefighters battled the flames, ice formed on Omni Street from the water runoff due to the cold temperatures.

The home is currently on the market and had a sale pending, according to real estate records.

Related Topics:
(Copyright ©2016 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments