Person falls asleep while cooking, starts Durham fire

EMBED </>More News Videos

Firefighters responded to a blaze on South Guthrie Street in Durham (WTVD)

Fire officials believe someone falling asleep while food was cooking on the stove started a fire on South Guthrie Street in Durham on Saturday night.

Our crew on the scene said heavy smoke and flames could be seen for miles.

Fire crews told ABC11 everyone got out OK, but the family cat didn't make it.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
newsbuilding firehouse fireDurham
(Copyright ©2016 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments