GASTONIA, N.C. --A Gastonia couple is accused of overdosing on heroin with two young boys inside the home.
The landlord said the 8 and 9-year-old boys came running to her for help.
The boys found their parents passed out and needles in the sink of the bathroom after prying the door open.
The landlord came over and found Michael Boswell unconscious with no pulse. Cynthia Carrigan had a pulse, but she was not conscious.
Police said the lack of regard for the children is a criminal act.
Read more from WSOC.