RALEIGH (WTVD) --There are plenty of unanswered questions as workers and eyewitnesses are skeptical of officials' findings after police say they haven't found any evidence of a gunshot or gunman during the lockdown situation at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh Saturday.
READ MORE ABOUT THE LOCKDOWN HERE
A worker at Crabtree sent ABC11 photos of crews working Monday to repair what he said was bullet holes.
"Now they decide to patch a bunch of holes in the ceiling two days after something like that supposedly happened? It's not right, not right, and they're lying to us," said the mall worker who wants to remain anonymous.
Mall officials said one of the repairs was to a test hole made by Raleigh police.
Police said they are still working to figure out what the loud noises were that so many people heard.
Mark Rush, an eyewitness, spoke to ABC11 on Saturday and again by phone on Monday. He also heard the loud sound and grabbed his friends and family to get out of the mall.
On the way out he says he saw a suspicious person with a weapon.
On Sunday Rush said a detective called him with an explanation.
"That [the person] most likely had a concealed weapons permit and was trying to "protect the masses." And it doesn't really make sense the way he was trying to portray the story," he said.
The mall's website says that "every inch of the mall" is covered by surveillance cameras. So far no footage has been released.
READ MORE: Crabtree mall shoppers still shaken by chaotic scene
The mall opened on Sunday and people were allowed to go and retrieve items left behind during the rush to get out. Many people told ABC11 they're thankful they were not injured Saturday.
At least nine people were taken to the hospital with injuries related to the crowds fleeing the mall, police said.
One woman stopped by the mall's security office to thank the officers for their response. She also thanked them for their hard work.
WATCH: Woman thanks mall officers after lockdown at Crabtree
Report a Typo