Arrests made in deaths of 2 Fuquay-Varina men

EMBED </>More Videos

Three men are behind bars in the deaths of two Fuquay-Varina men found dead in a home about two weeks ago. (Photo Courtesy: Wake County Sheriff's Office)

Three men are behind bars in the deaths of two Fuquay-Varina men found dead in a home about two weeks ago.

On Saturday, Wake County deputies arrested 21-year-old Gregory Crawford, of Fuquay-Varina, and 20-year-old Kevin Britt, of Holly Springs.

This exclusive video from an ABC11 viewer shows the arrest of Crawford. He was taken into custody at a home on Smithridge Way, a location, incidentally, that's only a couple miles away from where the victims were killed

On Sunday, a third suspect, 21-year-old Donovan Richardson, turned himself in.

Sometime between July 17th and 18th, authorities believe the suspects forced their way into the home of 78-year-old Arthur Brown, in the 200 block of Howard Road in Fuquay-Varina. What happened next is unclear, but later when family went to check on him, they discovered him dead in his bedroom with a wound to his back.

The 911 call reveals the family's anguish: "It looks like he's bleeding, it looks like he's dead. He ain't moving."

Also dead was Brown's long-term friend and employee, 66-year-old David McKoy. It was a shocking crime that left two families grieving, searching for answers.

"But I implore you please, everybody out there, to the news media, if you know anything please do not keep it to yourself, please share it with law enforcement because I don't want anyone to feel the pain the spirit of loneliness that I feel right now," Arthur Brown's son, Kenny Brown, said during a service for his father.

After no news, finally this weekend some headway in the case as the Wake County Sheriff announced they'd arrested three men in connection with the crime.

Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison isn't confirming if the suspects had any connection to the victims, although he did say this: "This was not a random murder, it was not."

The sheriff also said that they believe the motive was robbery, although beyond that they'd only comment that their investigation is still ongoing.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)