Watch the game Sunday at 3 p.m. on ABC11, or via the WATCH ABC app.
Germany won its semifinal against host country Brazil in a blowout (7-1) and is the heavy favorite. If Thomas Muller and company win it all, they'll be the first European team to do so on South American soil.
Argentina hasn't won a World Cup since 1986, and they squeaked into this year's final after a tense shootout with the Netherlands. But Lionel Messi is one of the most talk-about players of the tournament and could create some magic opportunities for his team.
Here are the ABC11 sports team's predictions for Sunday's game:
Sports Director Mark Armstrong: I'm hoping for an open game as both teams have too much talent to play defensively (Argentina will anyway).
- Final outcome: Germany 3-1
- Goals from Muller and Muller (a late one from Schurrle)
- Messi has 2 chances - Neuer stifles them both. BUT - he feeds Huguain for a 74th minute dramatizer.
- My brother (born in Germany) calls me to gloat.
Weekend sports anchor Joe Mazur sticks with the favorite too:
- Final outcome: Germany 2-1
- Muller scores
Sports multimedia journalist Ngozi Ekeledo praised both teams, but in the end sided with her colleagues:
- Final outcome: Germany 2-1 over Argentina
Tune in Sunday to see how close they got!
Report a Typo