Man charged in shooting that injured 3 at Raleigh restaurant

EMBED </>More Videos

Raleigh police said one man has been charged in the shooting at a restaurant that left three people injured early Sunday morning. (WTVD)

Raleigh police said one man has been charged in the shooting at a restaurant that left three people injured early Sunday morning.

Officers responded to a call just before 2 a.m. at the Red Bowl Asian Bistro at Plantation Point Shopping Center near Capital Boulevard and I-540.

Authorities said that a fight broke out after a group was leaving a private party; shots were fired, injuring three men.

Listen: Man hysterically calls 911 to report the shooting



According to police, one victim was transported to WakeMed, a second gunshot arrived at Duke Raleigh Hospital, and a third gunshot victim drove himself to Nash General Hospital in Rocky Mount.

All the victims sustained non-life threatening injuries.

Cory Jevon Hunter, 24, of Edgecombe County, has been charged with discharging a firearm within city limits.

On Monday, regular customers who had heard about the shooting still showed up for lunch, saying they won't be deterred by random violence.

"There's nothing you can do about being in the wrong place at the wrong time," Janet Lowe told ABC11. "But, you know, if everybody's scared of going out and doing their normal life, I guess the bad people win. So that's now how I live my life."

Her friend Julendia Gaillardia added, "One half of me says it's scary and I would want to be afraid, but the other half of me is too stubborn. I refuse to give in or be afraid to go anyplace. After all, they're bringing it to schools, they're bringing it to churches. So we just have to live our lives and not give in to evil."

Hunter, the only person charged so far in connection with the crime, was released on an unsecured bond not long after he was booked.

Anyone who has any information that might assist the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-4357

---------------------------
ABC11 has decided to slowly reduce the number of stories on the website that have a comments section. We believe very strongly that our audience should have an opportunity to discuss and debate events in our world, however, we have not been able to moderate the comments as well as we would like. Instead of hosting a platform that could allow a few loud and ugly voices to dominate a conversation, we want to encourage everyone to join us on our social media platforms and speak out there. Facebook: facebook.com/ABC11 Twitter: twitter.com/ABC11_WTVD

Related Topics:
shootingrestaurantfoodcrimeinvestigationRaleigh
(Copyright ©2017 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)