RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Four people are without a place to sleep Saturday after a fire ripped through their Raleigh home.
The flames broke out Saturday morning in the 500 block of Montague Lane, a few blocks east of downtown Raleigh.
Fire officials said the homeowner fell asleep while he was smoking, and the cigarette may have sparked the fire.
Smoke detectors likely saved the family, officials said. Everyone escaped without injuries, according to crews on the scene.
Report a Typo
More TOP STORIES News