Out of the top 10, Raleigh ranked number two and Durham ranked number three, while Ann Arbor, Michigan, took number one.
To determine the most and least educated cities, Wallethub analyzed the 150 largest metro areas in the U.S. and ranked them according to key metrics.
They looked at:
- Adults ages 25 and older with a high school diploma or above
- Number of doctors per capita
- Percentage of workers with jobs in "computers, engineering, and science fields"
- Quality of public schools and universities
- Number of students enrolled in the top 200 universities in the U.S. per capita
While Triangle cities ranked rather high, other cities like Beaumont, Texas, did not.
Beaumont, Texas; Salinas, California; and Rockford, Illinois were among the least educated cities.