JOHNSTON COUNTY (WTVD) -- A Johnston County family is without a home and their litter of puppies after a fire destroyed their house Wednesday night.
The fire broke out around 10 p.m. on Parrish Road in Benson.
Authorities tell ABC11 that one person was inside the home at the time, but was not injured.
However, the family's litter of puppies died in the blaze.
It took firefighters from three departments about 40 minutes to get the flames under control.
Fire officials said the fire was accidental, and stemmed from an electrical malfunction.
The house was a total loss.
The Red Cross has been called in to assist the family.