Hazmat crews respond to Raleigh restaurant

RALEIGH Friday night, hazmat crews were called to a situation at Wild Wing Cafe in the Brier Creek area in Raleigh.

Reportedly a employee used a solvent to fix a plumbing blockage in a toilet, when they were overcome by fumes.

The employee was rushed to the hospital. A patron sitting near the restrooms also went to the hospital complaining of irritated eyes.

Two other customers complained about irritation, but did not seek treatment.

Officials had to close the restaurant until further notice, because it is a health code violation to be open without working restrooms.

Rotor Rooter was called to the scene to fix the problem.

Copyright © 2020 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.