But on their special day, they say they ran into problems.
"The morning of the wedding, no one was there to let us in at 6 a.m. and I was there at 5:50 a.m. to decorate. No one showed up till almost 8 a.m. to let us in," Bullock recalled.
To book the facility, Bullock paid a $100 deposit plus a $500 cleanup and damage deposit. That money was supposed to be returned within 45 days of the reception according to the terms of the contract.
"We paid an additional $100, so after I called her she said an addition to getting my deposit back you'll get an additional $100," Bullock said she was told by agape’ CDC, Inc. which manages the center.
"On the 45th day, I called and the person in charge of writing the checks wasn't available," Bullock continued. "Calling and calling and I even went as far as contacting the CEO and left messages and no one contacted me."
Fed up, Bullock got in touch with ABC11 Eyewitness News I-Team Troubleshooter Diane Wilson and she got in touch with agape’ CDC. Bullock quickly got results.
"They contacted me this morning, thanks to you, and said they had my cash ready and they apologized for it," said Bullock.
The executive director of agape’ CDC pointed out to ABC11 that the contract says it was not permitted to have candles and hanging decorations from the ceiling for her wedding. But the director said it is their policy to advise lessees in writing if their deposit is forfeited, and since agape' did not complete that prior to the 45 days, they apologized and in good faith refunded Bullock the full $600.
Bullock told ABC11 she had permission from the leasing director prior to her big day to have candles for her wedding along with her decorations.
She said she was not informed before we told her that there were any issues and the leasing director didn't mention any problems when she was promised her full deposit back.
Classifieds | Report A Typo |
Send Tip |
Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc11 on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook