It happened around 3:30 a.m. in the 2100 block of Elam Currin Road, halfway between Oxford and the Person County line.
Officials at the scene said two people were inside the home when the blaze broke out.
A family member told ABC11 that his grandmother died as a result of the fire. He said neighbors were able to help get his aunt to safety. She was taken to the hospital, but her condition is unknown at this time.
Five fire departments were called in to battle the flames. It is unclear what sparked the blaze.