Fire damages Clayton apartments


Pictures from Chopper 11 showed the fire burning through the roof of the two-story building in the 500 block of West Main Street around 1:30 p.m.

Fire officials said a mother, father and their child were taken to Johnston Medical Center for possible smoke inhalation after the fire. They are expected to be fine.

The Red Cross is helping 11 people who were displaced by the fire.

Clayton, Archer Lodge, and Garner fire departments all responded to the fire.

There's no word yet on what sparked the fire.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Copyright © 2022 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.