The fire broke out around 2 a.m. at the North City Six Apartments on Terra Verde Drive.
Firefighters forced their way into the unidentified woman's apartment and found her lying on the floor unconscious.
The woman was carried outside and rushed to a waiting ambulance where she was given oxygen and regained consciousness.
Officials said the woman was then taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation.
Authorities say the fire started after the woman fell asleep with an unattended pot on the stove. They said she tried to put the fire out, but was overcome by smoke.
The fire was apparently contained to just one unit.