Fire crews fight two Fayetteville fires


The first fire happened at a duplex apartment in the 100 block of Facility Drive just after 2 a.m.

Crews were able to bring the fire under control in 10 minutes. Officials said the fire started from grease on the stove and spread throughout the kitchen.

The building was evacuated, but the adjoining residents were able to return to their home.

The second fire happened around 3:15 a.m. at a vacant home on the corner of Ramsey Street and Northwest Avenue.

When crews arrived at the home, it was fully engulfed, but firefighters were able to control the blaze in 30 minutes.

Officials said the home had previously received fire damage and did not have electrical service.

No injuries were reported in either fire.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Copyright © 2023 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.