Raleigh building evacuated after carbon monoxide leak, parts of West Johnson Street closed

WTVD logo
Saturday, July 21, 2018

RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Residents were evacuated from a building in the Glenwood South neighborhood following a carbon monoxide leak on Saturday.

West Johnson Street from Glenwood Avenue to North West Street is currently closed.

Raleigh fire officials said a call came in at 12:58 p.m. when an alarm went off with higher than normal readings.

The carbon monoxide spike was reported to be the result of workers using a propane tool in the basement.

Stay on top of breaking news stories with the ABC11 News App

Two workers were treated by EMS but were not transported to the hospital, police said.