RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Carolina Hurricanes are stepping up to help victims of Hurricane Harvey in Texas. The team announced Wednesday it will host a relief drive at PNC Arena beginning Wednesday.
Donations will be accepted at the PNC Arena VIP Entrance from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through Friday, September 8.
Donations on Saturday, September 2, will only be accepted from the general public between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., but guests attending the Ed Sheeran concert that evening can bring donations to the show.
Stay on top of breaking news stories with the ABC11 News App
At the end of the drive, employees from Capital Ford in Raleigh will deliver the items to organizations that are assisting those affected by the storm in Texas, team officials say.
To aid with the relief drive, Carolina Hurricanes President Don Waddell will help receive donations at PNC Arena from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Thursday, followed by Executive VP and GM Ron Francis from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Hurricanes goaltender Scott Darling will assist with the relief drive on Tuesday, September 5, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to help with the relief efforts by donating:
- Gift cards to national big box stores (Walmart, Target, etc.)
- Cases of bottled water and sports drinks
- Baby items, including diapers, wipes, etc.
- Non-perishable dry goods and canned goods (Bleach, Lysol, Clorox wipes, etc.)
- Hygenic times, such as soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, feminine products, deodorant
- Paper goods (paper towels, tissues, toilet paper, etc.)
- Pet supplies, including dog and cat food
- Bedding (new pillows, sheets, and towels)
- Plastic storage bins
Officials said no used clothing will be accepted.
RELATED: WANT TO HELP WITH HARVEY? KEEP YOUR GUARD UP
Disney|ABC will host a "Day of Giving" on Thursday to benefit those impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Click here for more information about the event.