Apex High School evacuated after science experiment goes wrong

EMBED </>More Videos

One student was injured when an experiment in a chemistry lab went wrong (WTVD)

Apex High School has been evacuated. Students tell ABC11 there was a fire in a chemistry lab after an experiment didn't go as planned.

School officials told police it was a small chemical fire that the teacher immediately extinguished.

The fire alarm still went off, and the alarm caused the school to be evacuated.

Apex Police said one student was injured. The student received a chemical burn and was treated at the scene.

Our crew on the scene said students have returned to classes.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
educationfireApex
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)