This weekend Raleigh transforms into Bluegrass HQ, and Chapel Hill makes fall official with its annual street fair. Our top picks:
1. Wide Open Bluegrass Fri-Sat
Close out World of Bluegrass week in Raleigh with the Wide Open Bluegrass celebration! Hear traditional and acoustic bluegrass at Red Hat Amphitheater, the Raleigh Convention Center and the free street festival on Fayetteville Street. And don't forget to check out the Whole Hog Barbecue championship, sponsored by ABC11.
5 bands to check out:
- Blue Highway at Tir Na Nog, Thursday 11 p.m.
- Chatham County Line at Red Hat Amphitheater, Friday 12 p.m.
- Sierra Hull at Red Hat Amphitheater, Friday 1 p.m.
- Hot Rize at Red Hat Amphitheater, Friday 7:45 p.m.
- Kruger Brothers at Convention Center (4th Floor Ballroom), Saturday 2 p.m.
See full schedule of main stage shows.
See a map of the street festival.
2. Darius Rucker at Koka Booth Sunday 7 p.m. | Starting at $42.50
Catch former Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker on his "True Believers" tour at Koka Booth on Sunday. Rucker is getting ready to release his fourth country solo project. Details
2. Esperanza Spalding at the Carolina Theatre Monday 8 p.m. | Starting at $37
To celebrate her birthday month, vocalist and composer Esperanza Spalding decided to go on tour! The Grammy-winner's "Thank You October" tour will stop in Durham at the Carolina Theatre on Monday. Details
4. Music on the Plaza Friday 6 p.m. | FREE
Northgate Mall is hosting Music on the Plaza on Friday evenings in October. This week you can see local trumpeter Al Strong, who is co-founder of The Art of Cool Project. Details
5. Festifall Art Festival Sunday 12-6 p.m. | FREE
Chapel Hill's 42nd annual Festifall Arts Festival will showcase a variety of performing arts along with artwork. Musical performers include Tea Cup Gin, and performing arts groups include the Cane Creek Cloggers. Details
Report a Typo
Your weekend guide for October 2-5