FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating a fire that damaged two downtown businesses just before 2:30 a.m. Friday.
It happened on Bow Street, near Green Street. The blaze damaged the building that houses Rogers Law Firm and A Taste of Africa.
Firefighters said a portable vat used to store old grease outside the building was involved, and the fire was made worse by a broken gas line that had to be shut off.
It's not clear how the fire got started.
There is damage to the exterior of the building and some minor interior damage. Both businesses are expected to reopen after repairs.
Report a Typo
More TOP STORIES News