The company is issuing a voluntarily recalling an assortment of apples that were sold starting on Dec. 13 at stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Georgia, Indiana, and Kentucky, a news release said.
According to Jack Brown Produce, Inc., the apples might be contaminated with listeria.
The affected products have these UPC codes:
- Fuji Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383087139
- Gala Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383086897
- Golden Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383081175
- Honeycrisp Apples, 2 lb. bag, UPC code: 079954000015
- Honeycrisp Apples, unpackaged, PLU sticker: 328
Aldi said there were no known illnesses reported from consuming the recalled apples.
They can be returned to the store for a full refund.
The company directed any customers with questions about the recall to Jack Brown Produce, Inc. They can be reached by phone at (616) 887-9568.